Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The album “Elvis: As Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis”


The album “Elvis: As Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis” is another significant milestone, which describes Elvis’ connection to the city Memphis.

The album was recorded by RCA Records in the year 1974. The release was in front of a live audience at the Midsouth Coliseum in Memphis. All in all, “Elvis: As Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis” was Elvis’ fifth live album and includes some successful songs. For instance, Elvis got a Grammy Award for his song “How Great Thou Art”. Additionally, the album reached a high place in the charts. In 1999, the R.I.A.A. (Recording Industry Association of America) certified the album with gold.

Usually, Elvis’ albums include cover pictures with Elvis by himself, often while he performs. However, the cover of “Elvis: As Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis” shows his house Graceland.

Moreover, the album also shows Elvis’ diversity concerning to different kind of music styles. Some songs were focused on gospel music, for instance “Help Me” and “Why me lord” . Other ones correspond to country music.

I have listened to the album and figured out that my favorite songs are “I Got A Woman” and “Love Me”.

What is your opinion about the album? Which are your favorite songs?

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely a very great album. It is his strongest live package of the 70es and reached the number 1 in the Country charts. I prefer the songs “love me” and “trying to get you”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. As a fan of Elvis’ music, that album very shows his diversity of different music styles. Especially, as you already mentioned, for the song how great thou art. I also love the songs let me be there and and my baby left me.

    ReplyDelete